Position is at FlightAware Headquarters - Houston, TX
FlightAware is looking for a developer advocate to drive deployment, adoption, and customer satisfaction of FlightAware’s rapidly growing commercial APIs and data services. You'll both interact with our customers and developer community and work as a developer to enhance and expand our commercial APIs and data services.
At FlightAware, we process over 40 million incoming messages an hour from over 45 individual data feeds—over 150 gigabytes a day and growing—to provide the best, most complete, and most accurate real-time flight-tracking service in the industry.
- Create robust and scalable production services that provide data for our end-user facing products.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and enhance software products.
- Provide real-time, day-to-day technical support for existing customers and integrators.
- Work with our aviation sales team to answer technical integration questions from potential customers and remove roadblocks.
- Lead in-depth technology discussions, articulating the value of FlightAware’s products.
- Participate in the online and offline developer community.
- Write technical communications and work effectively with our partners and customers to help make their solutions successful.
- Develop a general knowledge of our competitor’s product offerings.
This position may require 5% travel.
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science or software engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communications, analytical and presentation skills.
- Able to think on your feet and adapt well to a quickly changing environment, and work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Strong business background and/or experience with consulting firms is a plus.
- In-depth understanding of the aviation industry is a plus.
Professionally, you’re driven to execute, deliver, and complete projects independently, seeking advice and direction from team members when needed, and plowing ahead to completion when the path forward is clear.
Being a pilot, or an individual looking to pursue his or her private pilot license, is a big plus.
Salary varies based on experience
- Matching 401(k)
- Health and dental insurance
- Performance-based bonuses
To apply and provide a small demonstration of your technical prowess, send your application to:
by setting the content of the
data variable to valid JSON with the following properties:
name: String with your name (required)
email: String with your email address (required)
urls: Array of strings with links to your resume, site, or sample projects (required)
comment: String with any comment/request you might have (optional)
You will receive a 200 response on success.