IT Operations Support Technician
Position is at FlightAware Headquarters - Houston, TX
FlightAware is looking for an energetic, passionate, and talented IT Operations Support Technician to join our Operations team. This individual will help support the daily operations at FlightAware by solving technical issues with desktops, telephones, and other office IT equipment.
This person will need to be able to assist fellow employees courteously and efficiently to ensure they have a functioning and usable office IT environment. This person will also manage the various display kiosks around the office, conference room projectors, printer/fax machines, and VoIP telephones.
FlightAware has offices in both Houston and New York. This position will provide support to both offices. As such, it may be necessary to travel on occasion when remote support will not suffice.
- Be experienced in supporting and managing OS X desktop/laptops
- Have a basic understanding of Linux, FreeBSD, or other Unix platforms
- Have a basic understanding of fax/printers and VoIP telephone systems (Asterisk, Switchvox, FreePBX)
- Be self-motivated, enthusiastic, and professional
- Be willing to travel a few times a year
- Be able to troubleshoot and manage Microsoft Windows
- Ideally, you should:
- Be an Apple Certified Macintosh Technician or have equivalent experience
- Have experience managing and maintaining FreeBSD or Windows-based servers
- Have familiarity with postgresql specifically, or RDBMS and SQL in general
- Be an aviation enthusiast
Promotion opportunities to Systems Engineer.
Salary varies based on experience
- Matching 401(k)
- Health and dental insurance
- Performance-based bonuses
FlightAware is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Must have current work authorization for any employer in the US and not require sponsorship now or in the future.
Our open positions are closed to agency/third-party submissions.
Send an email to email@example.com with the subject "Application: IT Operations Support Technician - FlightAware Headquarters - Houston, TX". Attach your resume in Adobe PDF, Microsoft Word, or HTML format.